Wisdom of the Mystic Masters- Joseph J. Weed.

Discuss new book releases, recommendations and reviews

Wisdom of the Mystic Masters- Joseph J. Weed.

Postby rrwh » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:18 am

The guy that wrote this book was I guess a member of the Rosicrucians. After downloading the book awhile back and gradually reading different sections of it Joseph Weed seems to be pretty insightful with a lot of the ideas he has in the book- Even though I certainly don't agree with every section in the book, most of his ideas were well thought out and explained. The book was originally published in 1968, and I wondered if anyone has read any other books by this author that they can recommend since I found this book very interesting.
(I'll never get my goetia of dr. Rudd book read, that I recently received from barnes & noble if I keep finding interesting old books like this that I've saved on my computer in the past; but it's worth it. Wisdom of the Mystic Masters is well worth tracking down, either on the internet or else in a used book store if you can find a copy.

The chapters in the Mystic Masters book Include:
Chapter 1. The human body: How to understand yourself and Attain Harmonium.
The Rosicrucians are probably best known for their remarkable accomplishments in healing, even relative newcomers to the teaching frequently achieve suprising cures. Healing is so important an entire chapter is devoted to it. In the present chapter the human body as the Rosicrucians understand it and the importance of balance in keeping it well is explained. This balance if referred to as "Harmonium" Once you understand Harmonium and how to maintain it, You need never to be sick again.

Chapter 2. The Principle of Karma: How You Can Make and Remake Your Future.
We say "All men are created equal" But we mean by this "All men are entitled to equal opportunity and have equal rights before God." No one is so blind or foolish as to imagine there is actual equality of ability or environment or physical equipment or conditions of birth between men. These inequities exist but they can be overcome. This chapter tells why they exist and by understanding them how you can make or remake your future.

Chapter 3. Birth, Death and Reincarnation.
What happens after death? Factual reports, not romantic imagining. The development of consciousness in the individual is largely responsible for afterlife experiences. description of various levels of experience and reasons for this. How development may continue between incarnations. Rebirth. What takes place before birth and why. Approaches to the new life. Examples. Quotations from Rosicrucian experiences.

Chapter 4. The Power of Thought: First Steps to the Control of Your Destiny.
Observation. Concentration. Meditation. Training exercises help you develop each skill. Control, physical, emotional, mental, and how to achieve it.

Chapter 5. The Power of Thought: Physical-Etheric and Emotional Energy.
Energy, Etheric energy. Emotional energy. Exercises to achieve control of emotional energy. How to employ emotional energy to achieve your purposes. An emotional case history.

Chapter 6. The Power of Thought: Controlling Mental and Psychic Energy.
Mental energy. How to develop mental power for control of your life and environment. How to study your own thinking process. How your thoughts affect others. Thought forms. Thought radiations. Creative thought. An actual example from life. Secrets of successful thinking.
Chapter 7. Healing Through the Power of Psychic Energy.
Explanation of healing techniques. Types of healing. The role of psychic energy in healing. How to apply it. How to create Harmonium. How to heal yourself. How to heal others. The role of karma. Examples of healing. Case histories.

Chapter 8. Understanding the Law of Cycles.
How you can employ a knowledge of cycles to improve your health and fortunes. Learn to take advantage of momentum and avoid trying to swim against the current. Personal cycles. Health cycles. Business cycles. Good periods and how to find them. How to avoid bad cycles. The best times to further your interests.

Chapter 9. The Power of Prayer.
How to pray for what you need-and get it. Rosicrucian understanding of prayer. Most people do not understand prayer and how to pray and this accounts for prayers that are unanswered. How you can get what you need through intelligent prayer. Types of prayer and their particular efficiency. Everyone can pray successfully when he has been shown how. How Rosicrucians pray. How to pray for others and really help them. Unreasonable versus reasonable prayer.

Chapter 10. How to Understand and Use Telepathy.
Kinds of telepathy-Instinctual, emotional, Mental, and spiritual. How to read minds. How to attune with others. How to send and receive telepathic messages. The problem of time lag. Examples. Telepathic training in a Rosicrucian Lodge. Future need for telepathic ability.

Chapter 11. How to Generate and Apply Psychic Energy.
Psychic energy is the essential ingredient in the power to persuade. How to increase it. Its benefits. Seeming miracles performed by means of psychic energy. various techniques and exercises to help you acquire and increase your psychic energy. How to avoid losing psychic energy. Various manifestations of psychic energy-such as dowsing, psychometry, teleportation, precognition, levitation, and dominance- and practical examples of each.

Chapter 12. Achieving Psychic Development.
How to achieve psychic development. Higher psychic energy and how to acquire it. The psychic centers. Exercises and techniques to develop them. Mantrams. Visualizations. Color. Thought. Results to be expected. Clairaudience. Clairvoyance. Inspiration. Illumination. Contact with a Higher Being.

Chapter 13. The Secret of Psychic Projection.
How to be in two places at once. Etheric Projection. Astral Projection. Mental Projection. Techniques for Mastering each art with practical exercises. How to appear to others and have them recognize you. Examples. Case histories.

Chapter 14. The Rosicrucian Way of Life.
The purpose of the Rosicrucian Order, Its age and traditional origin. Famous Rosicrucians. How knowledge is disseminated by Rosicrucians in advance of "Scientific Discovery."
rrwh
Adept

Re: Wisdom of the Mystic Masters- Joseph J. Weed.

Postby Silenciumetaurum » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:15 pm

When I was at Powell's Books in Portland, Oregon, about three months ago, there were three used hardback copies of Mr. Weed's book all for under $20. I have no idea if they are still there. But anyone who is visiting or lives in the Pacific Northwest would do well to check Powell's out. Lots of Golden Horde texts as well.

S+A
Silenciumetaurum
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby bengruagach » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Silenciumetaurum wrote:When I was at Powell's Books in Portland, Oregon, about three months ago, there were three used hardback copies of Mr. Weed's book all for under $20. I have no idea if they are still there. But anyone who is visiting or lives in the Pacific Northwest would do well to check Powell's out. Lots of Golden Horde texts as well.

S+A

There are lots of copies for under $20 (some under $10) at http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submit ... ic+Masters

I always check the prices at http://used.addall.com to see what typical prices are, and how easy it would be to get a copy of a particular book.
bengruagach
Adept

Postby Silenciumetaurum » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:28 pm

:goodpost Nice resource!
Silenciumetaurum
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby rrwh » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:18 am

I wish I knew of a bookstore here in Michigan like that one mentioned in Portland, Oregon. While I do occasionally buy a book from online sources it would be nice to have a real bookstore nearby to walk into and look around. About all any of the bookstores I know of near me have are Sylvia Brown and New Age types of books.
The only larger national bookstore that I know of within a 1.5 hour drive of me that even has a ceremonial magic section is a Borders store on the northern edge of the Detroit area, (which is about a hour drive south of me).

Awhile back I searched online, and in some yellow-pages phone books for used bookstores that I could go to that are somewhat close-by but most of the information didn't really give much of an idea if they had any real books on "magick" or others I would be interested in.

If anybody knows of any good used bookstores within a reasonable driving distance for me I would be glad to hear about them.
I live in the "thumb" region of Michigan, on the East side of the state. So kind of a general range of area that I would be willing to drive to a good bookstore would be: from about Alpena, Michigan which is close to the Northeast top of the lower penninsula of Michigan for a Northern boundary I would drive, to about the Detroit area as far south as I would be willing to drive to go to a good bookstore. And I usually do most of my weekend trips, travelling etc.. on the East half of Michigan, don't go to the western side of the state very often at all.

I also go shopping in Ontario, Canada about once a month. SO if anyone there knows of good bookstores (or even good occult supply stores) over there I would be interested.

My travel range into Canada is usually from the Port Huron, Michigan/ Sarnia, Ontario border bridge crossing into Canada along the highway 402/401 to the East and usually go as far as London, Ontario and do most of my shopping there. So if there's any good places along that route that aren't too far off the beaten track I would be glad to check them out.

Anything much farther east than London would probably be too far though, since London is about a 2 hour drive for me. Any stores that are North of the highway 402 on my way to London I would be interested in as well, as long as their not too far north.
Toronto, Ontario is too far of a drive east for me to travel on one of my weekend (day) shopping trips. But I do make it there about once a year. So if there's any really great bookstores in Toronto I could probably make it there on the rare occasions I get there.
Some of the books I am currently interested in purchasing are Joseph Lisewski- Ceremonial Magic the power of evocation, Carroll Poke Runyon- The book of Solomon's Magick, also a number of books by Carl Nagel, Basil Crouch, and Franz Bardon, among many others.
These are some of the books I have saved in pdf format, but for some reason I find I actually get more out of the material by having the actual books- instead of sitting in front of the computer screen reading the pdf version. And I can also for whatever reason read the material much faster, and keep my attention focused better by reading out of a real book
rrwh
Adept

Postby bengruagach » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:20 pm

A good resource for finding stores that might be near you (no matter where you are in the world) is Witchvox. Here's the link to the page for stores listed in Michigan: http://www.witchvox.com/vn/sh/usmi_sh.html

http://www.witchvox.com/xvn.html makes it easy to choose the location you want to search, and then use the links on the region's page to choose shops or whatever it is you are looking for.
bengruagach
Adept

Postby bengruagach » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:48 am

Oh, and if you do get to Toronto the best places to shop for occult books (at least downtown) are at:

The World's Biggest Bookstore,
20 Edward St. (not far from the Eaton Centre at Yonge and Dundas)

Orion Book Store (used books)
544 Yonge St. (just south of Wellesley on the west side of Yonge St.)
bengruagach
Adept

Postby rrwh » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:14 am

Yes when I get over to Toronto this summer I'll definitely have to check on both of those bookstores there. It seems like they should have a lot more variety than a lot of the places here in Michigan that I've checked on so far. I think there's also supposed to be a second-hand and antique bookstore in London, Ontario that I just saw listed online called Attic books that should be a pretty good place too, but from their site it doesn't look like the entire place has books alone- so not sure exactly how much of the three story store contains just books.
rrwh
Adept

Return to The Book Forum