An important message about Finnbarr Books.

Discuss new book releases, recommendations and reviews

An important message about Finnbarr Books.

Postby wright » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 pm

I'm not sure if it's been made public knowledge yet, but i'd like to inform everyone here about Finnbarr Books.

Stan O'Connor passed away on April 25th, 2010.His son David has taken over Finnbarr and whosthefrog.

David told me he wanted to shut down Finnbarr but i persuaded him to continue selling the books. He told me he was willing to sell the entire catalog for £3000 obo. Last i heard from him he had 385 titles.

If you or anyone you know is willing to buy the entire Finnbarr catalogue in order to keep the business going, by all means contact David asap if not sooner. For those of you who can afford it, this would be a great way to get a hold of all of those hard-to-find titles you've always wanted. From there, you could either do the altruistic thing and take over the reins at Finnbarr, continuing to sell the books, or you can do the typical selfish magician thing, keeping a copy of each for yourself and selling any extra copies or unwanted titles off at a high markup.

If anyone here is interested in buying the entire Finnbarr catalogue, the best way to get in contact with David is thorough Stan's old email, which is seamusoc@msn.com. Both Finnbarr eBay sites (whosthefrog and spiritualconstruction) are down.

Tell a friend. Tell'em all. It is very important that Finnbarr does not go out with a whimper; a lot of the material old man Stan sold is very valuable and some of it is downright crucial.
wright
Adept

Re: An important message about Finnbarr Books.

Postby axeezo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:11 pm

I dont believe im hearing about this on the forum, i havent heard Stan for a while but i had no idea he had passed. Now thats sad news .
Ax...
axeezo
Grand Conjurer

Postby Aum » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:37 pm

It's news to me that whosthefrog is in association with finbarr. I was always under the impression that he was simply an independent seller who sold finbarr books.
Aum
Adept

Postby wizardscauldron » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:15 am

As a long time customer I will be writing to Finbarr to confirm this.
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.
wizardscauldron
Grand Conjurer

Postby wizardscauldron » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:26 pm

wright wrote:His son David has taken over Finnbarr and whosthefrog.

Finbarr is owned by Mr. Cullinan and not by Mr. O'Connor. He was a reseller for Finbarr.

wright wrote:David told me he wanted to shut down Finnbarr

Finbarr is owned by Mr. Cullinan and not by Mr. O'Connor. Finbarr is not shutting down.

wright wrote:.From there, you could either do the altruistic thing and take over the reins at Finnbarr

Finbarr is owned by Mr. Cullinan and not by Mr. O'Connor. Mr. Cullinan is alive and well and business is as usual.
wizardscauldron
Grand Conjurer

Postby axeezo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:37 am

Thanks for this wizard, though i will miss doing business with Stan .
axeezo
Grand Conjurer

Postby whosthefrog » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Dear Forum Readers,

My Name is David O'Connor.

eBay username - whosthefrog

email - seamusoc@msn.com

The following forum statement, while somewhat true is inaccurate for the most part.

My Father, Stan O'Connor passed away on April 25th, 2010. I am his son and have taken over - whosthefrog, most popular eBay user for providing finbarr books. (Oct 2005-April 2010)
I have since decided to close the eBay user down.

Mr. James Cullinan, also known as James Finbarr is the owner of Finbarr International, Kent, UK. (No relation)
He is indeed alive and well and still selling books.

I am indeed selling 385 physical books, that I have in stock, for about half or less than what finbarr charges.
This is only while stock lasts, the number of different titles I have is about 120 (Lots of duplicates)

Please e-mail me if your interested in any @ - seamusoc@msn.com for a list and quote.

Most of this part is true - ""Tell a friend. Tell'em all. It is very important that "whosthefrog" (Finbarr) does not go out with a whimper; a lot of the material old man Stan sold is very valuable.""

Thanks for your time.

David O'Connor, Stan's Son.

whosthefrog and spiritual construction (eBay)
whosthefrog
Initiate

Postby Noone » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 pm

/
Last edited by Noone on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By using any of the knowledge.

You are laid under a binding geas to use it for constructive magic working for the liberation of the universe.

Otherwise you WILL be surrounded by happieness and thus neutralizing the evil!
Noone
Adept

Postby wizardscauldron » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:32 am

Noone wrote:I take it your not going to sell them to indivduals? Just in bulk?

I doubt Mr. O'Conner will come back here. I would assume he came here to clear up the misinfomation that was posted here. I would write to him at the email address he has given.
wizardscauldron
Grand Conjurer

Postby wizardscauldron » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:06 pm

I have spoken to David several times by email and I would like to apologise for my lack of sympathy for his loss on my second post on this thread. At that time I was thinking more about my anger about the gross inaccuracy of the start of this thread.
wizardscauldron
Grand Conjurer

Next

Return to The Book Forum