The Master Grimoire of Magickal Rites and Ceremonies

Discuss New Grimoires and Techniques outlined in books like NAP , NIP , Frater Malak etc..

The Master Grimoire of Magickal Rites and Ceremonies

Postby rrwh » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:52 am

While I was searching for something else online the other night I saw this online, and downloaded the pdf version of it. It was originally a book from Finbarr from 1982.
The reason it caught my eye was because it was a lot like the New Avatar Power & the Mystic Grimoire of Mighty Spells books.
The way it started out talking about "secret knowledge from magickal grimoires from the past" and secret rites and ceremonies never made public before. And in the table of contents listing different types of rituals and spells: money, love, astral travel, defeating enemies, invisibility, ceremony to slow the aging process, etc.. And a little later in the book it even had different peoples stories, explaining how the rituals in the book helped them out.

So I'm thinking the person who wrote this book (Nathan Elkana- don't know if that's the authors real name or not)..obviously must have pretty well copied the format of the NAP and Mystic Grimoire of Mighty Spells books, even though the rituals themselves are different I would think. I haven't had a chance to really look through them yet since it's about 4:00a.m. now and I'm heading to bed soon- but I will check them out tomorrow night after work.

Just wondering if anyone had even heard of or worked with the rituals and spells in this book, since this is actually the first time I've even heard of the book or it's author.
rrwh
Adept

Re: The Master Grimoire of Magickal Rites and Ceremonies

Postby BrotherButterball » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:11 am

Yes, I heard of this book.

I bought a copy many years back.

Some of the rituals and spells were derived from other books and old sources.

The book has an excellent binding with card stock.

I received a job offer paying 30 percent commission

using the Egyptian Prosperity Ritual.

The current price of this book by some dealers

leads me to the conclusion that the book is being hyped

by some dealers.

Tim
youcandomagick.wordpress.com

This is my new and updated website offering you mine knowledge and insight
and based upon mine 39 years of experimenting with magic and sorcery.
BrotherButterball
Supreme Inner Guard
Supreme Inner Guard

Postby wizardscauldron » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:52 pm

It is nothing like NAP or MG. The author used a pen name and yes it is way over priced by dealers. Good binding too.
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.
wizardscauldron
Grand Conjurer

Postby Zoe » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:45 pm

OK I've been reading the pdf of this, and although I don't agree entirely with his view of mankind/ethics, this guy makes a lot of sense. He advocates a kind of "realpolitik"--if you are too white-light, ultimately you will achieve less good because you won't be able to accomplish anything in the real world. All heads of state have known this. Aside from whether his stuff works, I'm really enjoying the ethical discussions.
Zoe
Adept

Postby Dabaia » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:07 am

Hello. I was wondering if any of you know a site that provides some of the things needed for the rituals from this book. E.g. magickal ink, etc. Thanks
Dabaia
Initiate

Postby axeezo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Tim, I also used the Mummy ritual and got a pretty good job @ the time i wanted one, i found money on the street too days before i got the job. Good ethical discussion .
Axeezo
axeezo
Grand Conjurer

Postby DonJuanDelDeniro » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:13 am

I love this book, and I hope it's price keeps increasing. As for supplies; the magick ink, I just consecrate and clean my own ink/pen and voila it's magickal. But if you must buy "magickal ink" I found and like this UK site. Has a lot of neat stuff , "the devils own pen" looks really cool and I'm a big fan of the "Chinese money magnet". There is a lot of stuff on this site and it is always fun to just spend some time and check out all the different things. So without further a due.. enjoy!!

http://www.sorcerers-apprentice.co.uk/
Don't make Magick your life; make your Life, magick.
DonJuanDelDeniro
Adept

Postby axeezo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Holy occult books Batman, these guys are still around, goood stuff . i remember their catalogs looked magickal when i got them in the mail those many years ago.. Thanks for that link
Axeezo
axeezo
Grand Conjurer

Postby DonJuanDelDeniro » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:23 am

:Welcome, It's my pleasure. Found that site about 4 years ago when I needed supplies in Europe and it is still a go to.
Marabas is a Great!
Don't make Magick your life; make your Life, magick.
DonJuanDelDeniro
Adept

Postby IME » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:42 pm

I was reading the comments on this book and looked it up on amazon to see what reviews they had on it,it surprised me that they were positive I was even more surprised to read that it could be sold for as much as 600 pounds. I recall borrowing this book from someone who owned many finbarr books, this was nearly 20 something years ago,I managed to get my hands on a scanned version again and my thoughts were the same as before,that this book is worth only the cost of the paper used to print and cover it. To call it a master Grimoire is silly to me and yes I did try using the very simple techniques but never had results, I can say this about many of finbarrs books many that I cant recall the names of. Anyway that's my opinion on this book don't wast your money on it, I might even go as far as saying that those who hyped it up on amazon probably are just trying to increase its worth on the market.

If wishes were horses beggars would ride.
IME

Next

Return to Modern Grimoires